Telegram for PC is a lot greater than a messaging app. The service boasts tons of options, a few of which you won’t even pay attention to. With that in thoughts, on this information we’ll discover six issues you are able to do with Telegram for PC which have the potential of creating your life a lot simpler.
1. Retailer Your Recordsdata for Free
Telegram lets you retailer a limiteless variety of recordsdata without cost on its cloud servers. You possibly can retailer audio, movies, paperwork, and photographs, although you’re restricted to 2GB per file. Right here’s find out how to arrange cloud storage on Telegram:
Use Saved Messages
You should use the “Saved Messages” choice to add and retailer your recordsdata. Take a look at the steps for doing so under.
- Click on on the hamburger menu on the prime left-hand nook within the Telegram app.
- Now click on on “Saved Messages.”
- Press on the Connect (paper clip) icon and discover the file that you simply want to add.
- Choose your file and click on Open.
- Subsequent, add a caption for the file if you want and click on on the Ship icon to add. Keep in mind, there’s a restrict of 2GB per file.
- Now you can entry the file by going to “Saved Messages.”
Use a Bot
A bot is a third-party utility that runs inside Telegram. You should use a sure bot to ship recordsdata to it. Right here’s find out how to go about it:
- Seek for @Botfather utilizing the Telegram search bar. Click on on the primary consequence (it has a azure Telegram verification badge subsequent to it).
- Click on the Begin button to launch the bot. You’ll be introduced with the record of instructions you’ll use to create and handle your bot.
- Click on on the /newbot command from the record to create a brand new bot. When you’re accomplished, comply with the immediate to set a reputation and username in your bot.
- You’ll get a hyperlink to entry your bot. Once you click on on the hyperlink, you’ll be redirected to your new bot.
- Click on Begin on the backside to start importing recordsdata to the bot. In essence, you’ll be sending the recordsdata to the bot as for those who have been sending a message to a Telegram person.
Create a Non-public Channel
The final choice is to add your recordsdata to a non-public channel. Right here’s find out how to go about it:
- Open Telegram and click on on the hamburger menu on the prime left-hand nook of the app.
- A menu will seem in your left-hand aspect. Click on on “New Channel.”
- Enter your most popular channel title and click on Create. You may as well add an outline of the channel if you want.
- On the brand new window, choose “Non-public Channel” and click on Save.
- Skip the “Add Members” step to create your channel.
- Now you can add your recordsdata to the channel by clicking on the Connect icon.
2. Take Notes
Like OneNote, you should utilize Telegram to create notes that synchronize throughout units on a number of platforms, together with iOS, Android, Linux, macOS, and Home windows.
You possibly can obtain this by sending the notes to your “Saved Messages” folder. It really works the identical manner common messaging works, solely this time you’re sending the messages to “Saved Messages”.
- Click on on the hamburger menu on the prime left-hand nook of the app. Open “Saved Messages.”
- Merely sort your be aware utilizing the message bar on the backside and hit Ship.
- Telegram lets you edit messages by right-clicking on a textual content and choosing Edit, so you’ll be able to mark finalized duties.
- Additionally, you’ll be able to pin the be aware by right-clicking on it and clicking pin. This fashion, you’ll be able to view them at a look.
The one draw back to utilizing Telegram for note-taking is the shortage of a sharing and collaboration function.
3. Set Reminders
Must set reminders for duties and different vital data? You should use a Telegram bot for that. Right here’s find out how to go about it:
- Go to the Skeddy web site.
- Click on on the @SkeddyBot hyperlink on the prime of the web page.
- On the pop-up menu, click on on the “Open Telegram Desktop” button. You’ll be redirected to the Skeddy bot on Telegram.
- Click on /begin. Now you can arrange the language and time zone settings.
- To set a reminder, click on on the menu button. Within the pop-up menu, click on on the “/add” command.
- Kind within the reminder simply as for those who’re sending the Skeddy bot a message. The bot will ship a hyperlink to view the reminder. You’re in a position to create reminders utilizing pure language with Skeddy bot. As an illustration, you’ll be able to ship a message like: “ship Janet an e-mail in half-hour.” You don’t must set the time and the reminder individually. The bot will decipher the message and create the reminder for you.
- The reminder will seem as a Home windows notification pop-up on the set time. You’ll additionally get a notification on Telegram.
4. Ship and Obtain Gmail Messages
Would you want to have the ability to obtain and ship your Gmail emails proper inside Telegram? You possibly can really do that with the Gmail Bot.
- Go to Gmailbot.
- Click on on “Open Telegram Desktop” on the pop-up, after which click on Begin after the bot opens within the app.
- Enable the Gmail Bot to arrange Gmail integration by urgent the “Authorize me” button under. You’ll be redirected to Gmail to finish the setup.
- After you’re accomplished with authorization, you’ll return to Telegram. Click on on the Menu button and choose the “/settings” command to configure your preferences. It is possible for you to to pick out the varieties of emails you need to obtain on Telegram.
- As soon as that’s accomplished, go to Menu once more and choose “/begin” to start out sending and receiving emails. You possibly can create, reply, ahead, archive, or delete emails instantly from Telegram.
5. Edit Images
Telegram comes with a robust picture editor for touching up your photographs. That’s why it’s such an ideal WhatsApp different. In addition to the essential picture modifying features similar to rotate, crop, and auto-enhance, it additionally options extra superior Photoshop-like controls.
You possibly can modify distinction, brightness, heat, highlights, and saturation. You may as well blur and sharpen photographs or add drawings, stickers, masks, and textual content.
- Open “Saved Messages” on Telegram.
- Click on on the Connect icon and choose the picture you need to edit. Within the new window, double-click on the picture. You’ll see the instruments it is advisable to edit and improve your picture.
- When every little thing is to your satisfaction, click on Accomplished after which Ship the picture to “Saved Messages.”
6. Convert Photos to Textual content
ImageToText is an OCR Bot that lets you convert photographs into textual content inside Telegram. Right here’s the way it works on Telegram for PC:
- Go to the ImageToText web site.
- Click on on the “Open In Telegram” button within the browser pop-up. You’ll be redirected to Telegram.
- Click on the Begin button on the backside.
- To begin utilizing the service, connect a picture containing textual content and click on Ship. You must obtain the OCR consequence as a textual content message from the bot.
Steadily Requested Questions
Are Telegram bots secure?
Telegram encrypts all messages despatched by the platform. Nevertheless, introducing a bot to a channel or chat downgrades the encryption. Additionally, fraudsters usually use Telegram bots to steal your private data. Keep away from utilizing bots to retailer or ship confidential data.
How lengthy does Telegram retailer my information?
For those who’re inactive for six months or one yr (relying in your settings), Telegram will delete all of your information from its servers.
What sort of content material can get me banned from Telegram?
Based on Telegram’s phrases of service, you will get banned for importing unlawful pornographic content material and content material that promotes violence on publicly accessible bots, teams, and channels.
Picture Credit score: Pixabay
Is this text helpful?
Subscribe to our publication!
Our newest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox