Man fatally shot by police in Taranaki did not have a firearm

Kaoss Price was shot by police in Taranaki on Saturday night and died of his injuries.


Kaoss Value was shot by police in Taranaki on Saturday evening and died of his accidents.

Police say Kaoss Value was unarmed when he rammed a patrol automobile and tried to carjack members of the general public earlier than being fatally shot by officers in Taranaki on Saturday evening.

After ramming the police automobile Value, 22, had left his personal automobile and was attempting to “commandeer plenty of automobiles from members of the general public who had stopped on the scene”, between New Plymouth and Waitara, police stated on Thursday.

“He was shot whereas trying to take management of one in every of these automobiles,” Assistant Commissioner Sandra Venables stated in an announcement.

“Police instantly commenced first support; nonetheless, Mr Value was pronounced useless on the scene by ambulance workers.”

* Man fatally shot by police in Taranaki didn’t have a firearm
* Police capturing rattles Taranaki group
* Police capturing: Kaoss Value autopsy examination has taken place

Venables stated no members of the general public have been injured.

“Mr Value didn’t have a firearm and police didn’t recuperate any firearms from the scene.”

Police are interesting for potential witnesses to return ahead.

The assertion, issued at 4.45pm, was the police’s first main replace on Saturday evening’s occasions since an 11am press briefing in Wellington on Monday.

Monday’s briefing got here nearly 38 hours after Value was shot and killed.

The circumstances main as much as Value’s demise at the moment are a part of an Unbiased Police Complaints Authority (IPCA), Coroner’s and Important Incident Investigation.

The scene of the Saturday evening incident stretched about 230 metres alongside State Freeway 3, police stated.

The realm between De Havilland Dr and Mountain Rd was sealed off till 3.30pm on Monday.

Venables stated reveals requiring forensic examination included 15 automobiles and one trailer.


Emergency providers have been on Monday on the scene of Saturday’s deadly police capturing on State Freeway 3 north of New Plymouth.

“The examination of these automobiles was accomplished on Wednesday.

“The method of interviewing a big variety of witnesses is ongoing.”

Venables’ assertion stated a police unit had performed a automobile cease on a automobile travelling alongside SH3 about 9.30pm.

Police sealed off a stretch of SH3 north of New Plymouth on Saturday night.


Police sealed off a stretch of SH3 north of New Plymouth on Saturday evening.

“Whereas police have been talking to the driving force of this automobile, Mr Value has sped previous in his automobile with the headlights off.

“He has circled and pushed at excessive velocity towards police, earlier than crossing the centre line and narrowly lacking the stationary police automobile.

“He continued down the highway earlier than making a second u-turn and driving again towards police, this time ramming the police automobile at velocity.

“The drive of the influence shunted the police automobile off the highway.

“Mr Value’s automobile was immobilised because of the injury sustained on this collision.”

A police car was driven from the shooting scene on Monday afternoon.


A police automobile was pushed from the capturing scene on Monday afternoon.

He was then shot whereas attempting to commandeer a automobile from members of the general public.

Venables assertion stated Value’s physique was returned to his whānau on Wednesday after the completion of a autopsy.

“Police and assist providers proceed to offer assist to Mr Value’s household, the group and our workers at this tough time.

“Whereas witness interviews and different enquiries proceed police are usually not ready to remark additional.”

Data will be supplied to police by emailing:

Supply hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.