Android 12 brings with it numerous helpful additions together with the power to natively take scrolling screenshots, wallpaper-based dynamic theming, a privateness dashboard and extra. Google has additionally slipped in just a little one thing for cell players within the newest up to date. Known as Recreation Dashboard, it’s a characteristic aimed to boost your cell gaming expertise. Nonetheless, the choice is just a little hidden so many customers won’t even realized it’s there. This text reveals you the right way to activate and benefit from it.
What’s Recreation Dashboard?
Android 12’s Recreation Dashboard principally brings a sequence of in-game choices to your cell gadget. These are accessible by way of a small controller-shaped icon which seems on the facet of the display (whether or not you’re in a recreation or not), as soon as the choice has been enabled. Customers can transfer it round and place it anyplace on the display to greatest swimsuit their wants.
When tapped, the icon reveals an inventory of choices to select from together with Optimization, FPS and others (shall be mentioned in full under) that may be activated whereas in-game. To have the ability to benefit from these functionalities, you’ll must activate the “Recreation Dashboard” characteristic first, which isn’t very intuitive.
What Telephones Help Recreation Dashboard?
Up to now, the choice seems to be restricted to solely Google’s Pixel lineup. “Recreation Dashboard” first appeared on the Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Professional, however since then it has made its strategy to older Pixels, as nicely. These embody:
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 5
- Pixel 5a
Whereas Google itself hasn’t formally confirmed the data, “Recreation Dashboard” might be certain to reach on extra Android 12 telephones because the cell OS makes its approach onto increasingly units.
Easy methods to Allow Recreation Dashboard on Your Machine
When you have a appropriate Pixel gadget these are the steps to activate the choice in your gadget for a superior gaming expertise.
- Open Settings in your smartphone. Curiously, when you seek for “Recreation Dashboard”, you received’t get any outcomes.
- As an alternative, go to Notifications.
- Scroll down and choose “Do Not Disturb”.
- Press on Schedules.
- You’ll see an inventory of Schedules together with one for Gaming. Be certain this selection is ready to On.
- Now faucet on the cog wheel subsequent to the Gaming choice.
- Toggle on the “Recreation Dashboard” choice.
- The choice is now enabled, however don’t rush to launch a recreation simply but. You might need a tough time recognizing the Recreation Dashboard icon when you achieve this instantly. You see, the floating icon may be hidden in your show. Have a look in your display and it is best to discover an a deal with with an arrow on it on the best facet.
- Faucet on it to disclose the Recreation Dashboard icon. Certainly, you don’t should be in-game to see the icon. As soon as enabled, the choice shall be current on your property display.
Easy methods to Use Android 12’s Recreation Dashboard
As soon as the characteristic is on, you possibly can go forward and run a recreation you may have put in in your smartphone. The floating bubble shall be there. Whereas enjoying merely faucet on it to enter the Dashboard the place a number of choices to select from.
The primary batch are shortcuts which may be added to the Dashboard sidebar for simpler entry throughout gameplay. You’ll get the next choices:
- Screenshots – means that you can rapidly take screenshots whereas enjoying supported recreation.
- Display screen recording – affords the choice to document your gaming periods with out exiting the sport.
- Body-per-second counter (FPS) – reveals your FPS fee in real-time
- Don’t disturb mode – when activated customers will solely get notified by necessary folks and apps whereas in-game.
Moreover, there are three extra choices the Recreation Dashboard places at your disposal:
- Recreation Optimization – this isn’t obtainable for many video games, so it’s going to simply seem grayed out within the majority of instances. In instances when it’s purposeful, Recreation Optimization will allow you to select between three modes: Efficiency, Battery Saver and Customary. This to permit customers to regulate the efficiency and visuals of the sport based mostly on particular person preferences. Whereas Battery Saver will scale back the body fee of the sport, Efficiency mode permits a smoother expertise with larger body charges.
- YouTube Stay – provides YouTube streaming integration (in case your account permits it).
- Achievements – reveals you all of the achievements you’ve scored thus far in that individual recreation, offered you’ve logged in together with your Play Video games account.
How Distinctive is Android 12’s Recreation Dashboard?
Are there alternate options to Recreation Dashboard? The reply is sure. Different producers reminiscent of OnePlus have been providing their very own “Recreation mode”, which affords options which might be related.
As soon as activated, “Recreation mode” may be accessed in-game by swiping downwards from the highest of the display on the best facet of the show, such as you would for citing the notification shade. As an alternative, gamers shall be offered with a set of choices together with:
- Social apps – by tapping on them you’ll be capable to ship a fast message straight from the sport.
- Professional Gaming Mode – as soon as toggled on, the choice will 1) block all notifications and calls 2) limit background to spice up your recreation 3) cease secondary SIM to boost community.
- Notifications – the choice will block any notifications from going via to you.
- Mistouch prevention – unintended swipes or touches received’t pull down the notification drawer.
- Display screen Recorder (you’ll should swipe proper on the Recreation mode panel to view this selection and the subsequent two) – means that you can document your gaming session.
- Rewind recording – means that you can recapture the final 30s of your gaming session just by tapping the display.
- System standing – reveals you recreation stats reminiscent of FPS fee, in addition to GPU/CPU utilization stats.
But when Recreation Dashboard extends its availability to all Android 12 units, you received’t be required to have a Pixel or an OnePlus cellphone to benefit from recreation boosting options reminiscent of those detailed above. You’ll simply must improve your cellphone (if it’s supported) to the most recent Android construct.
Incessantly Requested Questions
1. My Recreation Dashboard floating icon retains disappearing or doesn’t present up in any respect. What can I do?
To start with, ensure you’ve enabled the characteristic by following the directions above step-by-step. If it’s nonetheless not exhibiting up, ensure you’ve opened a couple of different apps and video games in your cellphone and easily convey up the Latest apps, for instance, by swiping your finger from the underside of the show and tapping the sq. icon. Swap to a different recreation, and the icon ought to seem now.
2. Recreation Dashboard takes clean screenshots. Easy methods to repair?
Strive disabling and enabling the characteristic once more. Then go forward and attempt to screenshot within the recreation once more. If it’s nonetheless doesn’t work take into account that some video games won’t help screenshots from the Recreation dashboard but. Whereas the Recreation dashboard floating icon may be current in any recreation, after being enabled, not all video games are totally appropriate with the characteristic simply but. It’s the case of Time Guardians, for instance.
3. Which video games are totally supported by Recreation Dashboard on Android 12?
There is no such thing as a official record, however we are able to assume that video games have achievements in Play Video games can even present these achievements within the Recreation Dashboard. Chances are high screenshots can even work with these video games, however “Recreation Optimization”, as an example isn’t obtainable for a lot of titles. Even within the video games the place you possibly can screenshot in “Recreation Dashboard” reminiscent of Alto’s Journey, Alto’s Odyssey, Temple Run 2, Fallout Shelter or Sniper 3D. In the intervening time, realizing precisely which recreation is totally supported by Recreation Dashboard is a trial-and-error affair.
Is this text helpful?
Subscribe to our publication!
Our newest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox